In collecting, holding, using, disclosing and otherwise managing your personal information, Bill Fairies will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
2. Kinds of personal information collected
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of our goods and services or as a result of our other interactions or dealings with you, Bill Fairies may collect your personal information.
The kinds of personal information that Bill Fairies collects will vary depending on our particular interaction or dealing with you. However, generally speaking, the kinds of personal information Bill Fairies collects may include:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth;
- any other relevant information.
We may also collect internet/technology related information from visitors to our site or users of our other online services, including the referring URL, your IP address, which browser you used to come to the site, the country, state or province, the pages of our site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our site.
Bill Fairies may also hold other kinds of personal information as permitted or required by law or other kinds of personal information that we notify you of at or about the time of collection.
Generally, we do not collect sensitive information about individuals. If we do need to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so with your consent or where we are required to do so by law. Information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political persuasions, criminal record and religious or philosophical beliefs are all examples of sensitive information.
3. Collection of personal information by Bill Fairies
Generally, Bill Fairies collects your personal information directly from you. For example, Bill Fairies may collect your personal information:
- when you register with us, fill out a survey, enter a promotion or otherwise provide us with your details;
- where you use our website or other online services or otherwise interact or communicate with us (including by email);
- if you post information to any of our social media sites;
- where you attend an event organised or sponsored by us; or
- where you apply for or express an interest in employment with us.
There may be occasions when Bill Fairies collects your personal information from someone other than you, for example:
- an information services provider;
- from third party marketing databases or marketing lists;
- from third parties authorised to sell Bill Fairies’ gift voucher products;
- from third parties with whom Bill Fairies has entered into arrangements to sell Bill Fairies’ gift voucher products;
- from third parties that organise events for Bill Fairies, collaborate with Bill Fairies in relation to the running of events or conduct events sponsored by Bill Fairies; and
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites.
Bill Fairies will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect that personal information from you.
4. Purposes for which personal information is used
Generally, Bill Fairies collects and uses personal information so that we can develop, improve, promote and sell our products and services and conduct our business as a gift voucher provider.
Some examples of the purposes for which Bill Fairies collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information include to:
- enable us to supply you with information you request from us;
- conduct promotions, competitions, giveaways and events;
- contact you to obtain your feedback regarding our products or service or to conduct other market research;
- undertake direct marketing (as detailed in paragraph 5 below);
- contact you regarding promotions, competitions, giveaways, events or new products or services of Bill Fairies that we consider may be of interest to you;
- analyse information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the products and services we offer; and
- comply with the obligations of Bill Fairies under any applicable laws.
In addition to the purposes listed above, Bill Fairies may use your personal information for other purposes which we will notify you of when we collect the information and for other purposes permitted or required by law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Bill Fairies takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Bill Fairies. However, without certain information from you, Bill Fairies may not be able to provide products, services or information to you or may be limited in how we can interact with you.
5. Direct marketing
6. Disclosure of personal information
- related companies of Bill Fairies;
- our service providers and contractors and other third parties that provide products or services to us (including our technology service providers, logistics or order fulfilment service providers or other business or administration service providers);
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in Bill Fairies’ business or assets;
- third parties with whom Bill Fairies has entered into arrangements to sell Bill Fairies’ gift voucher products;
- third parties who have invested in or acquired an interest in Bill Fairies or manage an investment in Bill Fairies;
- Bill Fairies’ professional advisors; and
- Bill Fairies’ insurance providers.
Bill Fairies may also disclose your personal information for other purposes where we notify you of the disclosure at or about the time of collecting the information, with your consent or if the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
If you post information or other content to public sections of our website or to our social media sites, you acknowledge that the information or content may be viewed by the public and/or users of the relevant website or social media site.
7. Overseas disclosures
Some of the parties that Bill Fairies discloses your personal information to may be located outside Australia, including technology service providers located in India and companies incorporated overseas that own or manage an investment in Bill Fairies .
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas recipients do not hold, use or disclose your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with the obligations imposed under the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
8. Links to other websites
10. Security of personal information
Bill Fairies takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information will be kept on databases held on servers kept in a secured environment, accessed only by authorised personnel or contractors. Where personal information is held in hard copy, it will be held in controlled, access restricted premises which only authorised personnel or contractors will be permitted to access.
Bill Fairies will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Bill Fairies is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
11. Access and correction
Bill Fairies takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
In addition, under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to and correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Bill Fairies. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Bill Fairies holds about you, or you would like more information on Bill Fairies’ approach to privacy, please refer to the contact details set out in paragraph 12 below. Bill Fairies will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide us with your email address and/or telephone number to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Bill Fairies may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects and will not exceed the cost to Bill Fairies for providing access in accordance with your request.
Bill Fairies will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If Bill Fairies refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, Bill Fairies will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
If you are dissatisfied with Bill Fairies’ refusal to grant access to, or correct, your personal information, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
12. Contacting Bill Fairies
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications or make a privacy complaint, please contact Bill Fairies using any of the following contact details:
Post: Level 5, 1 Oxford Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
13. Privacy complaints
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Bill Fairies.
Bill Fairies will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days of receipt and endeavour to resolve it within 30 days, unless Bill Fairies informs you otherwise and seeks your agreement in writing.
Bill Fairies will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, or an extension to the time in which Bill Fairies will resolve it, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.